- Harassment of any member is strictly prohibited on any platform we host.
- Any racist, homophobic, or sexist speech/content will not be tolerated on any platform we host.
- The release of personal information of any member without their permission on any platform is strictly prohibited.
- Minimum age to be a part of the community is 14.
- We expect all of our members to maintain a mature and non-toxic environment.
- Advertising other communities must be approved by the Admin staff.
- Mentioning roles without permission from the staff is prohibited and can result in a mute or removal.
- Mentioning more than 3 separate users in a short amount of time is not allowed.
- Posting of any malicious, offensive or sexually explicit is strictly prohibited.
- Malicious, offensive or sexually explicit usernames or profile pictures are prohibited, you will be asked to change them within a set time frame.
- Abusive use of the music bot can lead to your removal of your ability to use said bot.
- “Mic-Spam” or any other abusive or disruptive voice communications is not allowed and may result in a mute.
- Duplicate accounts will result in the removal of the oldest account. We may contact you before hand to discuss this removal.
- Self-advertising is strictly prohibited, in both voice and text channels.
- No advertising other communities or servers.
- Cheating & Exploiting is strictly prohibited.
- Team killing is not allowed. If you team kill, please apologise in team chat.
- A squad must have a minimum of 4 members before it may be locked.
- Do not camp enemy main bases, this includes mines and explosives.
- AFK or unassigned players will be kicked.
- Squad Leaders (SL) are required to have a working microphone.
- You are encouraged to have a working microphone while playing in our server, but this isn’t required. Please use the appropriate text channels if you do not have a microphone
- A Squad Leader (SL) can require their squad members to use their microphones or be removed from the squad.
- Any racist, offensive or inappropriate language in either voice or text communications is prohibited.
- Do not spam the text or voice channels.
- No metagaming, this includes sharing ticket count.
Vehicle & Assets
- Lights Vehicles (Logi Trucks, Transports, Technicals, MATVs etc.) can be crewed by any squad and can be solo crewed.
- Heavy Vehicles (APCs, IFVs & Tanks) must be crewed by an appropriately named squad (BTR, IFV, APC, MECH INF, TNK, etc) and must be crewed by at least 2 players.
Seeding / Skirmish Only
- Mortars are not allowed
- You must fight over the the center flag on the map, do not enter zones beyond that flag.
If you wish to appeal your ban, you must create a ticket via our Discord server’s support section. Please include your in-game name, the reason why you were banned and why you believe the ban should be appealed.
- Arma 3 in-game name and Teamspeak name must be the same.
- The minimum age for Arma is 16 unless approved by an Admin after an Interview.
- You must have a working microphone before playing in our session.
- You must use English during all communication in the session, the exception to this rule is if your entire element speaks another language you’ll be allowed to speak that other language during internal communication.
- When the slotting stage has begun (Commanders are being chosen) and any time after that, chat inside the Side, Group, Global or Command channels is not allowed. You may use the Global chat channel for critical situations such as troubleshooting technical issues with admins.
- You must pay attention and listen to any briefings given.
- Meta-gaming (Using out of game sources), to gain a tactical or strategic advantage is strictly forbidden.
- Picking up enemy equipment is only allowed when leadership personnel gives authorization.
- Picking up enemy radios, uniforms or vests are not allowed under any circumstances.
- Play your character, if you are playing as a professional army such as the US or UK you must play the part, for example, shooting at the end of a mission for no reason is forbidden when playing as a professional army.
- If you plan to attend a mission, you must have at least 1.5 – 2 hours free from any real-life plans. If you leave during a mission due to real life plans that were prior known, you may be issued a strike for abandonment.
- Use of glitches, exploits for any reason is not allowed.
- You cannot go AFK for extended periods of time (5 minutes or more), otherwise, you may be kicked from the session and be issued a strike.
- Team-killing is strictly prohibited in all situations.
- You may kill “teammates” in the PVP zone in pre-session.
- You may kill teammates if the one being killed asks to be killed for reasons such as being stuck or bugged etc.
General Gamemode Rules
- All of our Saturday rules apply.
- Highest Leadership Level (L1-L3) will command/lead. That person can pass leadership down. (L2 min required for non-logistics or non-recon based ops)
- No Mortar/Arty use at all (Unless called for by L3).
- No stealing Civ. vehicles (even if drivers are dead)
- FOBs need to be set by an L3 or Admin
- Attacking an enemy MAJOR objective (FOB / City) requires at least one full squad. That has time to fend off counter-attacks (30-45 mins after initial attack)
- Only L3 is allowed to buy vehicles that cost more than 400 Res.
- If enemy alert level is above 60% don’t move with less than 6 people.
- If Civ. rep is below -60% the use of virtual logistics is prohibited.
- Vanilla ECH Helmet.
- Semi-Arid/Tan Vest.
- 5.56mm Rifles must take and accept M855A1 Mags or M856A1 (Tracers) Mags.
- AR can take up to 7.62mm All AR must use the same gun or be able to share ammo.
- 4X Sights max unless Commander allows more.
- Thermals Banned.
- Silencers must be okayed by Commander.
Streaming & Recording
If you plan to post footage of our sessions on Youtube, Vimeo etc or stream on Twitch/Youtube, you must have this template at the top of your description. Failure to comply with this rule may result in your being removed from future sessions. We require this template to be used to give clear precise information about our community and how to get involved.
Pre-Recorded Video Description Template:
The mission shown is “GAMETYPE (COOP/PVP)” on “MAP NAME”, through “YOUR NAME”‘s perspective.
Q: What is Olympus Gaming?
A: Olympus Gaming is a group founded in mid 2015 with a focus on creating an immersive and fun Arma 3 experience for its players with custom made missions throughout various environments and theaters with a emphasis on realism and teamplay. Check out more about the community here: https://olympus-gaming.com/
Q: How can I join the Olympus community and play in these missions?
A: Go to the Arma page on the website here: https://olympus-gaming.com/arma/ and follow our setup instructions!
Q: Does Olympus play other games?
A: Yes, they are a multi-game community that also hosts multiple other official and non-official sessions for various other games like Hearts of Iron, Star Citizen and more!
Twitch Stream Description Panel:
# Olympus Tactical Realism
Olympus Tactical Realism is Olympus Gaming’s Arma 3 branch that runs Arma 3 sessions every weekend with immersive and missions for it’s members with custom made scenarios that span various environments and theaters with an emphasis on realism and team-play.
# How to join
If you wish to join Olympus Gaming for it’s Arma sessions or any of the other sessions that they run such as Star Citizen or Hearts of Iron IV, go to their website via the link below and go to the appropriate game page for instructions. You can also just join their Discord and ask about their many game sessions, they will be happy to help you.
It should look exactly like this once applied: