All admin action regarding rule violations is decided democratically during our weekly admin meeting. During these meetings all applicable information and evidence is discussed in depth before a vote is put up. This vote is subject to a 48 hour grace period, where additional information or opinions can be debated. This is to ensure that any member accused of a rule violation is given a fair and impartial hearing.
Members are subject to a three strike system. Your violation will be either ruled as a ‘Major‘ or ‘Minor‘ violation through a discussion by the admin team. Three consecutive Major violations will result in a permanent removal from our official gaming sessions, and possibly a removal from Discord depending on the context of said violations.
Three consecutive ‘Minor’ violations will be treated as a ‘Major’ violation.
- Harassment of any member is strictly prohibited on any platform we host.
- Any racist, homophobic, or sexist speech/content will not be tolerated on any platform we host.
- The release of personal information of any member without their permission on any platform is strictly prohibited.
- Minimum age to be a part of the community is 14.
- We expect all of our members to maintain a mature and non-toxic environment.
- Advertising other communities must be approved by the Admin staff.
- Mentioning roles without permission from the staff is prohibited and can result in a mute or removal.
- Mentioning more than 3 seperate users in a short amount of time is not allowed.
- Posting of any malicious, offensive or sexually explicit is strictly prohibited.
- Malicious, offensive or sexually explicit usernames or profile pictures are prohibited, you will be asked to change them within a set time frame.
- Abusive use of the music bot can lead to your removal of your ability to use said bot.
- “Mic-Spam” or any other abusive or disruptive voice communications is not allowed and may result in a mute.
- Duplicate accounts will result in the removal of the oldest account. We may contact you before hand to discuss this removal.
- Self-advertising is strictly prohibited, in both voice and text channels.
- Arma 3 in-game name and Teamspeak name must be the same.
- The minimum age for Arma is 16 unless approved by an Admin after an Interview.
- You must have a working microphone before playing in our session.
- You must use English during all communication in the session, the exception to this rule is if your entire element speaks another language you’ll be allowed to speak that other language during internal communication.
- When the slotting stage has begun (Commanders are being chosen) and any time after that, chat inside the Side, Group, Global or Command channels is not allowed. You may use the Global chat channel for critical situations such as troubleshooting technical issues with admins.
- You must pay attention and listen to any briefings given.
- Meta-gaming (Using out of game sources), to gain a tactical or strategic advantage is strictly forbidden.
- Picking up enemy equipment is only allowed when leadership personnel gives authorization.
- Picking up enemy radios, uniforms or vests are not allowed under any circumstances.
- Play your character, if you are playing as a professional army such as the US or UK you must play the part, for example, shooting at the end of a mission for no reason is forbidden when playing as a professional army.
- If you plan to attend a mission, you must have at least 1.5 – 2 hours free from any real-life plans. If you leave during a mission due to real life plans that were prior known, you may be issued a strike for abandonment.
- Use of glitches, exploits for any reason is not allowed.
- You cannot go AFK for extended periods of time (5 minutes or more), otherwise, you may be kicked from the session and be issued a strike.
- Team-killing is strictly prohibited in all situations.
- You may kill “teammates” in the PVP zone in pre-session.
- You may kill teammates if the one being killed asks to be killed for reasons such as being stuck or bugged etc.
General Gamemode Rules
- All of our Saturday rules apply.
- Highest Leadership Level (L1-L3) will command/lead. That person can pass leadership down. (L2 min required for non-logistics or non-recon based ops)
- No Mortar/Arty use at all (Unless called for by L3).
- No stealing Civ. vehicles (even if drivers are dead)
- FOBs need to be set by an L3 or Admin
- Attacking an enemy MAJOR objective (FOB / City) requires at least one full squad. That has time to fend off counter-attacks (30-45 mins after initial attack)
- Only L3 is allowed to buy vehicles that cost more than 400 Res.
- If enemy alert level is above 60% don’t move with less than 6 people.
- If Civ. rep is below -60% the use of virtual logistics is prohibited.
- Vanilla ECH Helmet.
- Semi-Arid/Tan Vest.
- 5.56mm Rifles must take and accept M855A1 Mags or M856A1 (Tracers) Mags.
- AR can take up to 7.62mm All AR must use the same gun or be able to share ammo.
- 4X Sights max unless Commander allows more.
- Thermals Banned.
- Silencers must be okayed by Commander.
- No manual justification of war until either 1939 or 100% World Tension.
- If you gain a claim or have an existing one, you may justify for that claim and when the war is over, you only take that claim and nothing else, the rest of the territory needs to be let go.
- If you gain a War Goal via a focus or event you may go to war and take whatever you want.
- Divisions containing any type of tank is not allowed.
No Volunteers can be sent to Ethiopia before 1937.
- You cannot influence a player’s ideology without their consent.
- You cannot release nations while at war. (Implemented by game-rule)
- No Coups vs Players. (Implemented by game-rule)
- No Denying the Rhineland
- Maximum of 3 Majors per faction.
Majors at game start:
UK, Germany, Russia, USA, Spain, China, Brazil, Japan, France, and Italy
- Minors may become Majors during the game if the number of total factories in that nation go over 50.
- If a minor becomes a major while already in a faction with 3 majors inside of it, they do not have to leave the faction.
- USA, Germany and Russia cannot go into a faction with each-other in any combination.
- Only 2 factions may be at war with each-other at the same time (This is preventing 2 factions working together to stomp another)
- One Line Arty or Anti Tank per 10 combat width, this does not include the support battalions.
- No foot infantry with tanks in the same division.
- If you are still at war when you go into a peace conference you cannot puppet any nation during a conference
If you plan to post footage of our sessions on Youtube, Vimeo etc or stream on Twitch/Youtube, you must have this template at the top of your description. Failure to comply with this rule may result in your being removed from future sessions. We require this template to be used to give clear precise information about our community and how to get involved.
Pre-Recorded Video Description Template:
The mission shown is “GAMETYPE (COOP/PVP)” on “MAP NAME”, through “YOUR NAME”‘s perspective.
Q: What is Olympus Gaming?
A: Olympus Gaming is a group founded in mid 2015 with a focus on creating an immersive and fun Arma 3 experience for its players with custom made missions throughout various environments and theaters with a emphasis on realism and teamplay. Check out more about the community here: https://olympus-gaming.com/
Q: How can I join the Olympus community and play in these missions?
A: Go to the Arma page on the website here: https://olympus-gaming.com/arma/ and follow our setup instructions!
Q: Does Olympus play other games?
A: Yes, they are a multi-game community that also hosts multiple other official and non-official sessions for various other games like Hearts of Iron, Star Citizen and more!
Twitch Stream Description Panel:
# Olympus Tactical Realism
Olympus Tactical Realism is Olympus Gaming’s Arma 3 branch that runs Arma 3 sessions every weekend with immersive and missions for it’s members with custom made scenarios that span various environments and theaters with an emphasis on realism and team-play.
# How to join
If you wish to join Olympus Gaming for it’s Arma sessions or any of the other sessions that they run such as Star Citizen or Hearts of Iron IV, go to their website via the link below and go to the appropriate game page for instructions. You can also just join their Discord and ask about their many game sessions, they will be happy to help you.
It should look like this